Fraud and Security
Podcast: 5 Ways to Protect Your Phone or Tablet from Cyber Threats
Most people are careful about security on their computers but don’t realize that security on mobile phones and tablets is just as important. Mobile devices are basically mini computers, and you need to take similar precautions when checking personal or business e-mail, downloading apps or banking on the go.
Here are five things you can do to secure your mobile device:
- Protect your data in case of a loss or theft
- Use anti-virus programs
- Connect to secure Wi-Fi and disable Wi-Fi when not in use
- Use caution when downloading apps
- Never unlock the default security settings
Listen to the podcast using the audio player below for more information about each of these methods.
Independent review sites for mobile anti-malware, referenced in the podcast:
- Mobile Security Review from AV Comparatives (PDF)
- 15 Mobile Security Tools from PC Magazine
- Antivirus Reviews from PC Magazine
Mark Brown can be reached at (615) 690-1401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips on Reporting Fraud
If you believe your Pinnacle debit or credit card is lost or stolen, call us immediately.
Read this for steps you should take immediately.
Here's how to get a free copy of your credit report once every 12 months.