Pinnacle Continues Its Winning Streak as One of the Best Banks to Work For in the Nation

News Releases

News Releases

Pinnacle Continues Its Winning Streak as One of the Best Banks to Work For in the Nation

The firm is the only bank of its size in the top 25
August 28, 2017

Pinnacle Financial Partners is one of the nation’s Best Banks to Work For, having earned the No. 6 spot on the annual list compiled by American Banker magazine and Best Companies Group. This is the firm’s fifth appearance on the list.

As the 50th largest bank in the country by assets, Pinnacle is by far the largest of the top 25 banks on the list. The nearest comparable bank has less than a third of the number of employees and nearly a fifth of the assets.

“It’s impossible to separate the associate’s experience from the client’s,” said Terry Turner, Pinnacle’s president and CEO. “Turning our offices into a caring, nurturing places where people love to come to work every day is not only the right thing to do – it’s good business. Looking at this list, it’s clear that we are unique in that we’re able to deliver on our promises at scale as we grow.”

Landing near the top of the list comes in the midst of a major integration following the acquisition of BNC Bancorp based in the North Carolina. Typically, mergers can lead to decreased levels of associate satisfaction and lower scores on workplace surveys. The fact that Pinnacle landed at No. 6 on the list led to the firm being prominently featured in a piece about successful integration strategies alongside the American Banker list.

“Culture is what we focus on every day, and it’s absolutely key to a successful merger,” Turner said. “It allows us to deliver a community bank level of service to our clients in every market no matter how much we grow. And that’s the reason we’ve been able to move from zero dollars in one office to more than $20 billion in four states since 2000.”

In previous years, Pinnacle has ranked No. 1 for its category (in 2013), No. 2 overall (in 2014), No. 3 (in 2015) and No. 6 (in 2016) on this list.

To be eligible for the Best Banks to Work For list, firms must have at least 50 employees working in the United States and be a commercial bank, thrift, mutual associate, mutual savings bank, savings and loan association or a savings bank.

Selection is a two-step process. First, participating banks are evaluated on their workplace practices, policies and demographics. This evaluation is worth about 25 percent of the final score. Second, employees are surveyed to assess their experiences in and attitudes about the workplace. This is worth the remaining 75 percent of the final score. Combined scores determine the final ranking.

Best Companies Group manages the overall registration and survey process, as well as analyzing the data and determining final ranking. To learn more about the process and Best Banks to Work For program, visit www.BestBankstoWorkFor.com.

Pinnacle Financial Partners provides a full range of banking, investment, trust, mortgage and insurance products and services designed for businesses and their owners and individuals interested in a comprehensive relationship with their financial institution. The firm earned a place on Fortune’s 2017 list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in the U.S.

The firm began operations in a single location in downtown Nashville, TN in October 2000 and has since grown to approximately $20.9 billion in assets as of June 30, 2017. As the second-largest bank holding company headquartered in Tennessee, Pinnacle operates in 11 primarily urban markets in Tennessee, the Carolinas and Virginia.

Additional information concerning Pinnacle, which is included in the NASDAQ Financial-100 Index, can be accessed at www.pnfp.com.

Highlights

Highlights

Learn more about our remarkable history.

GO
Community

Community

Learn how Pinnacle supports our communities.

GO