Fraud and Security
Safe Online Practices for ConsumersBack to Safe Online Practices for Consumers
Guard Yourself Against Online Fraud
The intensity and frequency of online fraud attempts are growing every day. Pinnacle takes various measures to protect you against online threats, but we also encourage our clients to become “hard targets.”
That is why Pinnacle is partnering with Trusteer, a leading expert in financial security, to offer Trusteer Rapport online fraud protection software. Rapport provides an additional layer of protection for your home personal computer that works alongside your anti-virus and firewall to safeguard your Pinnacle user ID, password and other sensitive information from fraudsters. You can download a version of Rapport customized for Pinnacle clients for free.
For example, when you log in to Pinnacle’s online banking system, Rapport will:
- Protect your personal computer and internet connection by creating a tunnel for safe communication with Pinnacle, even if your PC is compromised by a virus.
- Lock down communication between your personal computer and Pinnacle’s online banking site.
- Warn you if you are entering your Pinnacle access ID and password into a website other than Pinnacle’s online banking.
View this quick video that explains more about how Trusteer Rapport works:
Anti-virus, firewalls and other security software are important, but unfortunately not enough. We encourage clients to take precautions when banking or shopping online. For more information on protecting your computer, visit the Fraud Protection section of our Learning Center.
You can download Trusteer Rapport for free at http://www.trusteer.com/landing/pnfp-personal.
Setup only takes a few minutes:
- Download Trusteer Rapport.
- The installation wizard will guide you through all the steps.
- It’s recommended that you restart your computer.
- We encourage you to change your Pinnacle online banking password after a successful installation of Trusteer Rapport.
Tips on Reporting Fraud
Read this for steps you should take immediately.
If you believe your Pinnacle debit or credit card is lost or stolen, call us immediately.
Depending on the services you want, you should be able to discover an option that fits your needs and your budget.