Our Associates: Creating the Best Place to Work
"For all of the techno-coolness of showing images of checks online, it's not technology that Pinnacle is counting on to keep them on a very fast track of growth. It's the people. Repeat after me: ‘It's the people.' The cornerstone of Pinnacle's success is its unique approach to managing and leveraging the asset of people."
– Read the Pinnacle case study featured in Joe Calloway's book Indispensible:
How to Become the Company your Customers Can't Live Without.
It's the people. It is impossible to be the best financial services firm without having the best people – and is virtually impossible to amass the best people without being a great place to work.
But attracting the right people is only half the battle. We have to ensure that every associate embraces what makes Pinnacle different and excellent. Great performance starts with engaged associates. With a high level of associate engagement, we are able to delight clients and deliver more than they expect. This leads to engaged clients whose loyalty ultimately translates to engaged shareholders.
We take a multi-faceted approach to creating an atmosphere where people can become fully engaged, enjoy what they're doing and be successful.
- We connect associates to our purpose. From orientation sessions with CEO Terry Turner to quarterly meetings where we review the firm's performance, we are focused on our mission, vision and values.
- We are open to ideas and feedback. Not only do we share the unedited feedback from our annual work environment survey, but we host regular "listening sessions" with leadership.
- We help associates learn and grow. Associates participate in book clubs hosted by leaders in the firm. We also offer associate enrichment programs with topics ranging from health and fitness to computer skills.
- We reward successes. We frequently celebrate milestones. We reward individual and collective performance with annual cash incentives and stock option grants to 100% of our associates.
- We enjoy spending time together. A team is more effective when members know one another on a personal level. Associates and their families participate in numerous Pinnacle-sponsored social and volunteer activities outside of the office.
How do we know we're successful at being the best place to work? Validation comes from confidential third party surveys of the Pinnacle workforce that have named Pinnacle the "Best Place to Work in Nashville" for ten years. National surveys have named Pinnacle No. 5 among medium-sized workplaces in America (Great Places to Work and Fortune magazine) and the No. 1 Best Bank to Work For (American Banker). These acknowledgements are a testimony to the culture at Pinnacle. Both of these awards are determined by associate engagement surveys.